Extrusion Die Repair Service
Akron Tool & Die, Inc. is an expert in extrusion die repair. Our proven system of die rebuilding begins even before the die is delivered to our door.
The steps in re-manufacturing your extrusion die:
- Extrusion Die problems are discussed with the customer to better understand the scope of the rework. (leakage, dielines, gauging problems)
- The Die assembly is digitally recorded.
- A complete inspection of the outer die body is performed, noting the condition of the guards, electrical wiring and heaters, along with recording of the die gap.
- A detailed recommendation is made to the customer on required repairs.
(i.e. heaters, adjustment bolts, and wiring)
- The die is then disassembled and digital photos are taken of the flow cavity.
- A complete inspection of the internal flow surfaces is recorded, noting feed channel depths, manifold dimensions, and surface blemishes.
- The chrome is stripped from the die.
- The die seal areas are ground and the flow cavities polished. The lip area is
polished to 1-3 Ra and 4-6 Ra in the flow cavity. The lip area is ground flat within
.0001 per 3 inches of width.
- The extrusion die is chromed .001 - .0015 on all flow surfaces and flash chromed on the
outer body for corrosion protection.
- The chrome is polished and any chrome build-up is removed.
- The die is reassembled in "like new" condition and returned to the customer.
Call 330-762-9269 for a free consultation on your extrusion tooling
needs, or request a quotation.